
We are excited to say we have begun the process of adoption. Ryan and I have been in prayer about having a baby and feel that God is taking us down the adoption path. We have chosen a facility rather than an agency. I first found one I was interested in through the Texas agencies page. They had locations in southern California. Thinking since we were only 2-3 hours away we would be able to get one from them but they responded to my request for info with a "no" to both domestic and international adoption since we don't live in California. They were nice enough though to send a few websites that might help us out. I looked but didn't find anything.
Which led me to doing a search for agencies in Nevada. Going through the 5 or 6 Nevada had wasn't fantastic. Two of them were immediately shot down due to the religious affiliations they worked under. :( I found one that led to another and another, when I came upon Lifetime Adoption Facility. They have been offered by larger agencies to become a part of them but they refuse. They don't want to become an agency because then an agency can only help a certain state that they are located in. They remain a facility so they can serve people all over the US. To top things off they are a Christian based facility. I truly feel that God has led us to where we need to be. There are many birthparents that are waiting for adoptive families. The only thing is we have to match their criteria. Hopefully we will get some news soon. We have submitted our application last night with a picture and the lady already emailed me today saying she was taking our application to the committee this week. We should hear back from her within 3-10 days.
Please be in prayer for our family as we prepare our hearts for this journey God is walking with us. We are excited and hopeful that God has a perfect baby sister (Cadence's preference) or baby brother out there that will complete our beautiful family. Thank you all for your prayers and we are excited about possibly becoming parents again!!!! :)




Definitely keep us posted! How exciting to have found an adoption facility. :) Keep the updates coming!!
ReplyDeleteLove y'all!!!!!!!!!!
okay, well, it was from me, but I guess that Les is signed in......LOL ;)
ReplyDelete