Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Only 2 Days til Nana and 3 to Texas

Well today was a sad day as I expected. Grammy flew back to Texas. Grammy and I neither one mentioned to Cadence that she was leaving today but being the smarty pants she is she saw Grammy putting all her things in her suitcase and the tears began. She came to me saying "We going to Texas today Mommy!" and I had to tell her no not until Saturday. Then it was waterfalls for about the next 15-30 minutes until we left the house. She was very sad that Grammy was leaving her. Every 5 minutes Cadence would look at Grammy and say "Thank you for coming to my house Grammy." It would rip my heart out every time. She misses all her grandparents so much! To try and help with the transition Grammy kept telling Cadence how Nana was coming in just 2 days and she was going on a special trip with Mommy and Nana and would see them again in 4 days. We had to hold up 4 fingers and she would count with us. Once she saw how few of days she had she started to cheer up. We had a fantastic lunch and then took Grammy to the airport. She was like velcro to Grammy. She didn't want to let go. She kept asking if we were getting on the airplane too. I told her no that we would be driving our "Mac" (Cadence's name for the Durango) to Texas with Nana. She started to get excited but got sad all over again telling Grammy goodbye. Cadence has the sweetest heart and has so much love to share. I get choked up having to watch her tell them all goodbye. I wish she was closer to them so she didn't have to wait soooo long between visits seeing everyone.

Mom will be here on Friday and we will be going to the minor league baseball game that evening with Ryan's work and then getting up early Saturday morning to start driving to Texas. Cadence is soooooo excited to get on the road! TEXAS HERE WE COME!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I can't wait to see y'all. :) Y'all be careful driving back to TX!!

    ReplyDelete